Taiji Prodigy - ep 1 - Bang Tam & Thien Thanh - 3

* Alec = Diep Thien Thanh
Ruby = Bang Tam
Dicky = Truong Quan Bao
TD = Tieu Diep (Ruby's maid)
SP = Dicky's master *
SP: We haven't held any weddings for a long time.
Dicky: It's better to make money out of a happy occasion than someone's death.
TD: Here comes the bride.
Everybody applauds.
Dicky: The time has come! Bow to Heaven and Earth.
SP: Heaven is your witness. Diep Thien Thanh, Bang Tam, after this ceremony, you'll be man and wife. First, bow to Heaven and Earth.
Alec: Wait! There's a matter about which I've always been unclear. Since all of you are present, I should clear my doubts. What makes a good husband? Can a good husband be fickle in his affections?
Dicky: Of course not! He has to be faithful to his wife.
Alec: Should he abandon a woman after seducing her?
TD: Of course not.
Alec: Should he blow hot and cold?
SP: I would like but that's not allowed after marriage.
Alec: Alright, no need to teach me.
Alec (to Ruby): Whould you let me fall in love with every woman I meet?
Ruby: Of course not.
Alec: Alright. No giving up the old for the new?
TD: Yes.
Alec: No blowing hot and cold?
SP: Yes.
Alec: No abandoning a woman after seducing her?
Dicky: Yes.
Alec: No falling in love with other women?
People: Yes.
Alec (to Ruby): Why should I marry you then?
Ruby: What?
Alec: The woman I love most was my wife-to-be. You said a man shouldn't fall in love with every woman he meets.
TD: That's different.
Dicky: These are two different matters.
SP: Your wife-to-be is dead so it's a different matter altogether.
Alec: If I marry you, I will be a cad who loves them and leaves them. I'm not fit to marry you.
Ruby: Diep Thien Thanh!
Alec: It's not that I don't want to marry you. It's you the one who don't want to marry me but a man better than me.
TD: If you don't want to marry her, why didn't you say it earlier? Why make her suffer like this?
Ruby: Tieu Diep, say no more.
Ruby (to Alec): I know you want to make me suffer. But I'm not suffering. My love for you will never change. I won't force you to marry me. Because I believe absolute sincerity will move a heart of stone. You will accept me one day.
Ruby (to TD): Tieu Diep, let's go.
Ruby and TD leave the room. Everybody turns to Alec.
Alec: You might think I'm too much but I have my difficulties. May we meet again.
Dicky: Where are you going?
Alec: It makes no difference where I go.
Dicky: In that case, you might as well stay put.
Alec leaves.
Dicky: Elder Diep! Elder Diep! O, what is love?

0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire
Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]
<< Accueil